Welcome Message to Visitors!
Welcome to Northminster! It is a joy for me to be pastor of this community of believers in Troy, Michigan.At Northminster you will find an inclusive and hospitable group of people who are interested in you just as you are. Because God first loved us, we love others. Oh, we are not perfect, but that’s why we get together on Sundays: to worship a God who loves us just as we are. Because of God’s life transforming grace in Jesus Christ, we want to praise God and help others. We all are in a different place in our faith journey and we respect that, so no one here will tell you what you should do or believe. We hope that you will discover to what God is calling you and then share yourself with us when you feel it is appropriate. Some of our strengths are:
- Worship with thoughtful, relative sermons and a variety of inspired music
- Hospitality to all people
- Children and Youth ministry
- Outreach to others through hands on mission projects
- Adult small groups for prayer, study and discussion
- Interfaith relations through the Troy-area Interfaith Group Interfaith Labyrinth accessible on the north lawn of our property
- Alternative contemplative worship in the tradition of Taizé, France, seasonally.
Visit us anytime, but especially on Sundays at 10:30 am. Dress is casual, and come early so we can show you around!