We celebrated 50 years in 2004!
Northminster began as a mission in 1954. The Rev. MacKay Taylor was called by the Board of Church Extension of the Presbytery of Detroit to canvass the area and begin organization of a church on Sunday, October 31, 1954. From January 1955 to April 1956, the church rented several rooms of the Poppleton School in Troy for Sunday Services and occasional social functions. Official organization of Northminster took place on Sunday, June 3, 1955, at an evening service. Seventy-three members comprised the charter membership.
The first church unit,a small chapel and large church school room, was completed in May 1956. A large fellowship hall and the main corridor with east classrooms compose the second unit and was completed in October 1960. Renovation of the classroom and office areas was completed in 2002.